Engr Muazu Magaji
VP Operations & Technical Services
Education Brief Skills Knowledge Awareness Strength & Weaknesses Career: Current Position: Previous Position: Other Positions /Employment Held: Professional Affiliation/Certification Political Activities Positions Held/Aspired to: Other Socio-Political activities
BEng (Mechanical) Upper Second Class Hons, MSC/PG-Cert (Oil& Gas), MBA (Gen. Mgt) ND (Mechanical) C&G I & II/Federal Labour Trade Test II & III (Mech/Auto) Computer Cert (Data Processing).
Born in 1969 in Sarauniya, Dawakin Tofa. Magaji obtained a first degree in mechanical engineering from Bayero University, Kano and a Shell sponsored postgraduate Masters training at (Robert Gordon University (RGU) Aberdeen, UK) in Energy- Petroleum, geosciences and oil & gas engineering, Later obtained an MBA in General management (Port Harcourt) and a corporate Msc Programme in Design & Engineering from RGU-Aberdeen, UK ). Prior to obtaining a Degree Magaji obtained a diploma, C&G of London Institute and Federal Labour Trade test Certificates in Mechanical and Automobile engineering. Magaji is certified Engineer with both National and International professional and certification bodies.
Have a combined 23years work experience in both Public (Kano State, NNPC) and private sector (Shell Nigeria, BG & Shell International) in areas of Energy and Project Management. Last project worked on was with Shell International, Houston and Shell Egypt on Oil & Gas asset Development before being called back to Nigeria in 2010 and appointed Technical adviser to FG on Energy in the Presidential Task Force on Power (PTFP- Gas to Power Team). Magaji has served as programme Manager/Team Lead Public works and Technical/Vocational Training Programme with the Presidential Programme on Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme (SURE-P), Magaji voluntarily resigned his appointment with the Presidency and President Jonathan led FG in December of 2013 and later Joined the Government of Gov Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso in January 2014 as Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Projects, helping the Gov in managing all projects being executed by the Government across the State. Magaji is happily married with five Children.
Magaji is a registered Member of Nigerian Society of Engineers, Society of Petroleum Engineers (London), Fellow Nigerian Institute of Commerce, Fellow Institute of Human & Natural Resources and a Recipient of NANs Grand Commander of Nigerian Masses (GCNM) and United Nation Peace Advocate (UN-PAd).
• Oil & Gas Asset Development:
Field Development Studies Oil & Gas Well Design Project Execution/Supervision
• Operations & Project Management - Conceptualisation/Project delivery
• Technical Standard & Compliance
• Value Chain Analysis- System Analysis/After Action Reviews
• Value Creation & Business Planning
• New Technology Development Strategy
• Performance & Change Management
• Safety Standards & Supervision
• Communication and Facilitation
• Diversity and Inclusiveness advocacy
• Peoples Issues (NGO's Charities, Interventions)
• Concept of Industrial Park
• Agro Allied Value chain development
• Oil & Gas supply Chain management
• Facilities design & Project Management
• Gas Transport Infrastructure - Design and network Analysis
• Pipeline and Storage facilities Inspection, Testing & Maintenance management
• Power Generation Project planning & Execution Strategy
• Power Transmission Network Analysis & Constraints
• Power Distribution Network Analysis & Constraints
• Power Sector regulatory & Reform Framework
Strength: An Ideas person, dynamic, versatile, broad and a goal getter, Interact easily with all strata of people.
Weakness: An extrovert, forceful driver and often viewed as aggressive to achieving goals.
25 years Working Experience
10 yrs -Kano State Civil Service
1 yr - NNPC (NYSC)
10 yrs -Shell Nigeria/BG/Shell International
4 Yrs - FGN Assignment
2 yrs - Kano State Government (SSA Projects)
Vice President Operations & Technical Services
Head, Energy and Empowerment Sub Committee BSO Presidential Think Tank Committee Abuja Nigeria
Senior Special assistant on Projects To the Executive Governor of Kano State
National Coordinator Friends of kano Development Initiative & CEO - SITCO Ltd Project & Investment Advisory Services Company
The Presidency Programme Manager/Technical Adviser: Public works and Vocational Training Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme (SURE-P).
Head, Pace Setter Projects Technical Matters Unit Office of the Special Adviser to the President On Technical Matters. Presidency Abuja, Nigeria
Technical Adviser Presidential Task force on Power (PTFP) The Presidency
• Shell International (SIEP): Site Project Supervisor- Shell Egypt Gas Exploration
• British Gas (BG), Lagos - Site Project Manager , Deep Water Offshore Exploration
• Shell Deepwater (SNEPCO), Lagos: Asset Development Engineer
• Shell Nigeria, Port Harcourt (SPDC): Senior Engineer-Technical Standard, Oil & Gas Well Design Engineer, Drilling Operations Supervisor, New Technology Implementation Engineer, Performance, Communication & Change Management Adviser, Value Creation & Business Planning focal point.
• Shell Nigeria, Warri: Operations Engineer (Training position)
• NNPC: Engineering & Technical Services, -Inspection & Testing Engineer (NYSC)
• Kano Sate Civil Service-Maintenance Engineer, Head of Maintenance, Kano State Civil service
• Society of Petroleum Engineers -SPE (London)
• Nigerian Society of Engineers - NSE (Nigeria)
• International Well Control Forum (IWCF)-Oil & Gas
• Shell International RD I & II Certification- Project Design & Supervisors level
• Aspirant, Kano State Governor , 2015 APC Primaries
• Leader, Kano State APC Youth Vanguard
• National Coordinator, Esusu Buhari, Donate for change campaign.
• Candidate, Kano North Senatorial Primaries-2011
• Caucus Member-PDP D/Tofa LG, Kano State
• National Board Member: Fresh Air Coalition
• North Western Coordination: Fresh Air campaign Organisation
• Aspirant- National Assembly Primaries- 2007
• State Coordinator-PDP Kano Project (2010-2011)- State PDP Youth Initiative for promotion of internal democracy and development agenda within the party.
• Director General- Dandali Foundation
• Chairman- Magajin Sarauniya community development Foundation
• Chairman- Dawakin-Tofa Local Govt Community Development Association
• President -Nigerian University Engineering Students Association 1994-95-BUK
• Parliament Member- BUK SUG government- 1993-94
• Secretary Shell Trainees Council Warri - 1999-2000
• National Chairman Shell Nigeria Trainees Alumni Association- 2002-2004
• Secretary: Printing & Publishers workers Union, Kano printing Corporation -1991-1995
• Secretary- SUG, School of Technology Kano, 1987-1989
• State Patron- JIBWIS First Aid Group, Port Harcourt - 2004-2006
Brief Skills Knowledge Awareness Strength & Weaknesses Career: Current Position: Previous Position: Other Positions /Employment Held: Professional Affiliation/Certification Political Activities Positions Held/Aspired to: Other Socio-Political activities
Skills Knowledge Awareness Strength & Weaknesses Career: Current Position: Previous Position: Other Positions /Employment Held: Professional Affiliation/Certification Political Activities Positions Held/Aspired to: Other Socio-Political activities